Setting up your iphone / using imap
Tap the Settings icon, then scroll down and press Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Press Add Account.
Press Add Mail Account.
Enter the following information and press Next:
- Name: Enter your name. People will see this when you send them an email from your device.
- Email: Enter the full email address you are setting up. For example email@example.com.
- Password: Enter your mailbox password.
- Description: Enter an optional description to help you identify this mailbox.
Select the IMAP tab.
You will be prompted to enter some additional information. Enter the following information in the Incoming Mail Server box.
- Host Name: mail.yourdomainname.com, replacing yourdomainname.com with your actual domain name.
- Username: Enter your email address, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Enter the password you chose when you set up the mailbox with in your Fasthosts control panel.
In the Outgoing Mail Server box, enter smtp.<your domain name> in the Host Name field. For example, if your domain name is ralphsdomainname.com enter smtp.ralphsdomainname.com.
Enter the same Username, and Password details as the Incoming Mail Server box. Once you have entered these details, press Next.
Your device will display a message that it cannot connect using SSL, and will ask if you wish to set up the account without using the SSL. Tap the Yes button.
Press the Save button at the top right of the screen to save your new account.